The Army aeromedical evacuation officers are trained to serve in a variety of AMEDD, Army Aviation, and joint positions. These officers possess full knowledge of AMEDD, Army Aviation and joint doctrine, organization, and equipment. He or she employs the use of medical aircraft, personnel, and equipment as a part of the JHSS or an Army TF. He or she learns and executes intra–theater tactical, operational and strategic air medical evacuation within a theater of operations.
- Specially trained to serve in a variety of key AMEDD, Army Aviation, and joint positions
- Possesses full knowledge of AMEDD, Army Aviation and joint doctrine, organization, and equipment
- Employs the use of medical aircraft, personnel, and equipment as a part of the JHSS or an Army TF
- Plans and executes intra–theater tactical, operational and strategic air medical evacuation within a theater of operations, for any member of a CJTF. This includes support to joint, coalition and allied partners, DOD employees and contractors, interagency personnel, military working dogs, detainees, enemy prisoners of war, and host nation and non–government organizations
- Additionally executes emergency: Class VIII re–supply, movement of blood, movement of medical personnel, movement of medical equipment as well as provides homeland security medical evacuation support
- Service school and/or training center instructor
- Aviation maintenance and safety officer positions
- Research and development positions, advisory duty with RC aviation units, and other roles as required.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must be between 21 and 42 years of age (may request a waiver, Locate A Recruiter for more information)
- Permanent U.S. residency
Job training for medical service corps officers includes completing an Officer Basic Leadership Course, which introduces you to the Army Health Care system, Army doctrine and basic Soldier/leader skills.
- Ability to make accurate, immediate decisions
- Physically and mentally fit to perform under stress
- Apply critical technical and thinking skills
- Tremendous concentration