The cardiovascular specialist assists with the management of cardiac clinics and performs specialized, invasive and noninvasive cardiac tests and examinations.
- Administers and records tests to obtain diagnostic data on condition of heart
- Assists physician with diagnostic and interventional catheterizations
- Performs diagnostic echocardiography studies
Job training for a cardiovascular specialist requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and two phases of Advanced Individual Training. Phase one is 21 weeks at Fort Sam Houston TX, and phase two is 35 weeks at one of several locations.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Cardiac tests and examinations
- Assisting physicians with cardovascular tasks
- Willingness to help and care for others
- Ability to communicate effectively and work under stressful conditions
- Interest in chemistry, biology, general science and algebra
- Attention to detail