Cyber operations specialists execute defensive and offensive cyberspace operations (DCO and OCO). Cyber operations specialists ensure the freedom of maneuver within the cyberspace domain and deny the same to adversaries.
- Perform cyber attacks/defenses
- Cyber intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance actions on specified systems and networks
- Conduct network terrain audits, penetration testing, basic digital forensics data analysis, and software threat analysis
- React to cyberspace events, employ cyberspace defense infrastructure capabilities, collect basic digital forensics data, provide incident response impact assessments and produce network security posture assessments
Those who wish to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB), a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training for a cyber operations specialist requires completing 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and two phases of Advanced Individual Training (AIT). Phase one is located in Corry Station, FL for 25 weeks and phase two is located in Fort Gordon, GA for 20 weeks.
Some of the skills you’??ll learn are:
- Conducting defensive cyberspace operations
- Conducting offensive cyberspace operations
- Analyzing information
- Self-discipline, confidence and intelligence
- Physical and mental fitness to perform under pressure
- Ability to make quick decisions
- Capability to bear numerous responsibilities
Required ASVAB Score(s)
General Technical (GT) : 110, Skilled Technical (ST) : 112