The ear, nose and throat (ENT) specialist supervises or conducts routine diagnostic tests and assists in the care and treatment of ENT and audiology patients.
ENT specialists work alongside otolaryngologist assisting in care of patients with ear, nose and throat issues and recovery.
- Set up and equip exam room
- Sterilize medical equipment
- Assist physicians with patient examination
Job training for an ear, nose and throat specialist requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 14 weeks of Advanced Individual Training at Fort Sam Houston, TX.
Skills you’ll learn:
- Suture removal
- Working on a medical team
- Perform minor ENT procedures
- Willingness to help and care for others
- Ability to communicate effectively and work under stressful conditions
- Attention to detail
- Interest in chemistry, biology, general science and algebra
Required ASVAB Score(s)
Skilled Technical (ST) : 101, General Technical (GT) : 107