The eye specialist supervises or conducts routine diagnostic tests and assists in the care and treatment of ophthalmology or optometry patients. Eye specialists work closely with ophthalmologists, optometrists and ophthalmic specialists in caring for patients with eye problems.
- Perform tonometry test
- Assist in patient care
- Testing visual fields
- Locate areas of reduced vision
Job training for a practical nursing specialist requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 13 weeks of Advanced Individual Training at Fort Sam Houston, TX.
Skills you’ll learn:
- Patient care
- Working on a medical team
- Assisting ophthalmologists and optometrists
- Willingness to help and care for others
- Ability to communicate effectively and work under stressful conditions
- Interest in chemistry, biology, general science and algebra
- Attention to detail
Required ASVAB Score(s)
Skilled Technical (ST) : 101, General Technical (GT) : 107